Developmental Disabilities Worker Hourly/PT ToccoaJob Title: Developmental Disabilities Worker
Department: Toccoa Center
Salary: $9.12 / hour
This position will be scheduled for 29 hours per week.
Under direct supervision, assist individuals with Developmental Disabilities in basic daily living skills.
• Maintain a clean, healthy, and safe environment for clients.
• Observe and monitor client's behavior, chart and report observations and incidents.
• Provide training of basic personal and social skills, simple academics, or work skills to clients in residence, group home, or supported employment environment.
• May assist with meal preparation, ensuring or encouraging client group activity, providing transportation, and/or limited case management
• Provide support in a community and facility setting.
Must be willing and able to:
• be fingerprinted and have background checked through the FBI and other law enforcement agencies
• have dependable transportation
• use your personal vehicle as often as needed to transport clients
• work with developmentally disabled clients
• work alone with a group of ten or more developmentally disabled clients
• assist clients in the use of toilet/bathroom
• change diapers of child, adolescent, or adult clients
• transport clients as needed
• visit clients in their homes
• assist physically disabled clients in and out of wheelchairs and vehicles
• assist disabled clients who cannot feed themselves independently
Must be 21 with three years of driving experience.
Must have valid Georgia driver’s license and no driver may have 6 or more points against his/her license within the last five years. No driver may have had a revoked or suspended license with in the last five years.
• One year experience providing direct care to individuals with developmental disabilities
• Associate’s Degree in Social Work, Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy, Special Education, Education, and Psychology, Nursing or other related human services field
Avita Community Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in its service practices or employment practices with regard to race color, religion, disability, gender, sexual orientation, age, or national origin.
The selected candidate will be subject to a FBI Criminal History Record Check. Applicants reserve the right to challenge the contents of a FBI Criminal History Record Check.
Back to List