Medical Assistant - Hart County Behavioral HealthJob Title: Medical Assistant - Hart County Behavioral Health
Department: Hartwell Center
Under general supervision, assists nursing staff in an outpatient setting. Performs administrative and certain clinical duties under the direction of the physician/nurse on duty. Handles front office duties which can include discharge planning and scheduling liaison services, maintaining medical records, billing and coding for insurance purposes. Assists nurses by taking and recording vital signs and medical histories, preparing patients for examination and drawing blood or collecting other specimens as needed.
• Records patients' medical history, vital statistics and information such as test results in medical records.
• Performs front office duties which can include patient intake, screening, taking payments, answering the telephone and scheduling appointments.
• Prepares treatment rooms for clients
• Interviews patients to obtain medical information and measure their vital signs, weight, and height.
• Cleans and sterilizes instruments and dispose of contaminated supplies.
• Prepares and administers medications as directed by a physician.
• Explains treatment procedures, and instructions to clients.
• Collects blood or other laboratory specimens, log the specimens, and prepare them for testing.
Completion of an accredited Medical Assistant’s program
Medical Assistant Certification
Bilingual – English/Spanish
Avita Community Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in its service practices or employment practices with regard to race color, religion, disability, gender, sexual orientation, age, or national origin.
The selected candidate will be subject to a FBI Criminal History Record Check. Applicants reserve the right to challenge the contents of a FBI Criminal History Record Check.
Position Reference # 33834
Back to List