IDD Registered Nurse SupervisorJob Title: IDD Registered Nurse Supervisor
Department: Thurmond Tanner
• Supervises, guides, and/or instructs the work assignments of subordinate staff.
• Plans, implements, and evaluates nursing care for a unit or shift.
• Ensures that staff assess client health problems and needs.
• Develops and implements nursing care plans and maintains medical records.
• Supervises the provision and quality of nursing care to ill, injured, convalescent or disabled clients.
• Advises clients on health maintenance and disease prevention or provide case management.
• Will transport clients as needed. Must be willing to use personal vehicle when necessary.
• Completes required annual training.
• Within 30 days of hire, Direct Service staff will satisfy credentialing requirements. Will complete ¬required annual training.
• Providing direct services for clients directly has mandatory requirements. One of these requirements includes training and the ability to perform therapeutic holds. We call this training protocol Mindset.
• A current Georgia license to practice as a registered professional nurse and at least two years of home health, long term, or acute care nursing experience.
• At least one year of work experience providing administrative supervision to staff.
• A driver cannot have six or more points against his/her driving license within the last five years. Cannot have had a suspended or revoked driving license within the last five years.
• Prior Psychiatric or Mentally Ill treatment of clients
• Bilingual in Spanish
Back to List