Certified Peer Specialist -YouthJob Title: Emerging Adult Certified Peer Specialist
Department: Thurmond Tanner
Salary: Part- time See below
• Will support and guide Peer Support services with Emerging adults (18-26). Will provide support to individuals with. Will conduct group counseling and assist with community resources. May transport clients as needed.
• Must be eligible for certification as a Peer Specialist in the state of Georgia or must be a certified peer specialist in the state of Georgia.
• Must be 18-26 years of age; provide a copy of this document or valid Georgia ID:
• Have a mental health (MH), substance use disorder (SUD), or co-occurring diagnosis; and a strong desire to identify themselves as a person living with a mental illness or substance abuse diagnosis.
• Be able to advocate for themselves;
• Have a high school diploma
• Be able/willing to actively seek and manage their own appropriate care; and be able to share their own personal story in a safe and appropriate way;
• Must be well grounded in recovery wellness (At least on year between diagnosis and application to training) and/or one year continuous abstinent from substance use;
• Provide one letter of reference attesting to the applicant’s commitment to their own wellness and recovery. (Please include contact information)
• Current certification as a CPS
• Bilingual a plus
• Excellent communication skills
• Excellent organizational skills
• Team player
Salary is based on education and experience.
High School with Peer Specialist eligibility – 9.12 per/hr
High School with Peer Specialist certification – 9.58 per/hr
Bachelor's Degree in a behavioral health related field with Peer Specialist eligibility – 10.82 per/hr
Bachelor's Degree in a behavioral health related field with Peer Specialist certification -11.39 per/hr
NOTE: All qualified applicants will be considered, but may not necessarily receive an interview
Avita Community Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in its service practices or employment practices with regard to race color, religion, disability, gender, sexual orientation, age, or national origin.
The selected candidate will be subject to a FBI Criminal History Record Check. Applicants reserve the right to challenge the contents of a FBI Criminal History Record Check.
This is a full time position and is eligible for organizational benefits.
Back to List